It’s always a delight to realize that the effort you put into your cooking paid off. What helps more is the little tips and tricks to elevate the flavor of your dish. One thing that always makes your meal taste better is if it is tender. So have you ever heard of using baking soda to tenderize meat? Yes, the unassuming white powder hoards a lot more hidden remedies than meets the eye. Carry on reading this blog to learn how to tenderize your meat.
How Baking Soda Helps Tenderize Meat
Baking soda is a proven way to tenderize your meat. You can use it to make your meal more chewable and sink your teeth right into the meaty deliciousness.
When you soak your meat in the baking soda and water solution, the pH on the meat’s surface rises. As a result, it becomes hard for the proteins to bond excessively. This way, the meat remains tender and moist after you have cooked it.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Tenderize Meat
Using baking soda to tenderize the meat can make anything you’re preparing mouthwatering. After all, a good and tender texture is what most of us strive for. To achieve the perfect texture, you can use baking soda to tenderize the meat.
The method is pretty simple, and here are the steps:
Tenderizing a Large Piece of Meat
If you have a large piece of meat at hand, you can make it tender using baking soda. Here is how you can do that:
- Rub baking soda over the meat
- Give the baking soda some time to work its magic by putting the meat in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours.
- When the hours are up, take out the meat and rinse it thoroughly.
- After you’ve washed the meat of every trace of baking soda, proceed with cooking it as you desire.
- Enjoy your tender meal!
Tenderizing Smaller Cut or Slices
If you’re going to stir-fry smaller cuts or slices, baking soda can help make them tender too. Just follow these steps:
- Make a solution by dissolving baking soda in water. Mixing a teaspoon of baking soda into half a cup of water will work for every 12 ounces of meat.
- Next, let the meat soak in the baking soda solution for around 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the meat out and rinse it thoroughly.
- Cook the meat however you desire.
- Enjoy the tender meat pieces with elevated texture!
Why Use Baking Soda?
Baking soda works perfectly to tenderize the meat. It is an excellent option as it provides efficient results. Moreover, it takes less time — around 15 to 20 minutes — to do the job. Not only this, but you only need a small amount of baking soda and water to enhance the texture.
You can use baking soda to tenderize the meat before cooking. This will help make your meal easy to chew and enjoyable. But why cook yourself when you can have the best North Indian and Pakistani dishes at Lazeeza Restaurant? You can visit us at 3991 Cypress Creek Pkwy, Houston, TX 77068. You can also contact us at (281) 580-4887.